Thursday 9 January 2014

Final bit of packing...

Only 2 sleeps to go! Time to pack everything onto the bike so I can squeeze in a dry-run (should that be dry-cycle?) before I head off to There 'n' Back on Saturday morning.

I thought I'd lay everything out on the table so I could decide what was going in which bag. 

What have I forgotten? 

Bags:

  • Alpkit stingray custom frame bag
  • Alpkit medium fuel pod
  • Deuter saddle bag dry bag
  • Osprey Raptor 14 hydration pack
It is surprising how well all of the kit packs away. The Alpkit mighty mug takes a gas cylinder, all of the coffee sticks, the porridge and the foil. The other mug held the tissues, multi-tool, lighter, firesteel, penknife & tyre levers.

I tried to keep all the cooking kit in the same bag so that I could stop & knock up a quick drink / meal without rummaging through all the bags searching for that crucial item.
All loaded up and ready to go.....getting excited now :)

In the end I had plenty of spare capacity among the bags. The frame bag swallowed a huge amount of kit & I ended up having to pad out the empty space with some spare clothes. 

Next time - assuming there is a next time - I could probably drop a size in dry bag on the handlebars by moving the bivvy bag & tarp to the frame bag. Next time.......

Oh, what did I forget to lay out on the table? Maps.......could be handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment